Beet-Apple Grilled Cheese
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Spread a small amount of butter over each slice of bread and spread about a tablespoon of whole grain mustard over the opposite side of each slice.
- Add one slice of cheddar cheese to the mustard side of every slice of bread.
- Layer apples, beets, and micro greens over 3 of the slices and place the remaining slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and place on the center rack of the preheated oven. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden-brown. Carefully flip each of the sandwiches and bake an additional 6-8 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Note: as an alternative to baking the grilled cheese, you can prepare the grilled cheese on the stovetop in a skillet – just note that flipped the sandwiches may be a challenge. You can also toast the bread in a toaster and melted the cheese on the toasted bread in the microwave prior to layering the remaining ingredients on top.
What you’ll Need
6 slices whole grain bread
softened butter for spreading
6 slices white cheddar cheese
2 Gala apples, sliced
6 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 package Love Beets Mild Vinegar, sliced
2 handfuls arugula microgreens